I finally sat down at the sewing machine this week. I was amazed that I spent a solid two+ hours making it. Most of that time spent getting the zipper pull back on after pulling it too far. The zipper is sewn into a separate piece of fabric. I think next time the center portion will be one continuous piece. and I learned to cut the triangle bits with curved corners, I think it will sew easier and look better. I even added a bit of the grosgrain stuff over the seams.
I made a little gas tank earlier w/out much planning and learned a good bit. I've applied those lessons to the tank you see now. This I think is good enough for the TD, it will just hold my tools and tubes next to my seatpost.
I have a pattern ready for a frame bag for my commuter bike. Once I sew that I think I'll be ready to make small things to sell.
Post a Comment